Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's Wednesday already?!


Don't know where time has been flying to these days. Easter-here a couple days ago-gone. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday up and out of bed, coffee, walk dog, breakfast, walk dog again, make lunch, work, home, walk dog, evening coffee, some kind of household chore, dinner, walk dog, me time?, dessert, walk dog, bed. Typical. I am also preparing to make ready my 17 year old son for graduation in 2 months and college in the fall. A monumental undertaking. Family will all be here and I'm thinking maybe I should plan something?
I mentioned before about introducing a fellow named Paul made from polymer clay. His story goes something like this-I was contacted to do a special request project to make a 1:12 scale doll from clay. The parameters were only to make it look like a particular person. After a crash course in doll making techniques I began, persisted, and finally finished the request. Unfortunately my 2 months of hard work did not pay off monetarily speaking because the person who wanted this item decided in the end that the price was too high. So now I have this doll made to look like her boyfriend named Paul. Someday I think it would be a real hoot to write a story/cartoon about him and film it or make into a picture book. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Maybe Paul could be friends with Curtis over at
    http://visionaryinminiature.blogspot.com/ - seriously tho, I hope you got some sort of up-front payment from the woman who ordered the doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe Paul and Curtis could be buds. Curtis seems pretty cool and Paul is surprisingly easy going. Maybe a double date? I did not get any up front payment as this creation was a total first for me and a learning experience as well. Live and learn and love miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fantastic job on Paul, he looks really cool with the glasses and beard, not to mention very symmetrical lol. This is a great idea to do a film surrounding Paul's character!

    ReplyDelete